Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Art on the Go!


While I was making my usual rounds at Shelburne Museum, I discovered the Art on the Go carts in the Round Barn and Circus Building had new themes for 2013.


When I waddled closer, I was so excited to discover all the activities offered at these small little carts parked in the Round Barn and the Circus Building.

At the Circus Building, I made an origami dog and dressed him up with cool jewels. I also made a circus poster like the ones displayed in the building (I’m hoping to get mine displayed in the museum, too!). 


Then I became distracted with all the books, puzzles, and toys in the cart, and realized I had been there the entire morning! I quickly waddled to the Round Barn to catch the next activity. There I was equally excited by all my options. I was able to make my own postcard and send it to my friends who have flown all over the world for summer vacation. I also made a bumper sticker for my golf cart (I am not old enough to drive a car). Before I knew it, the Museum was closing and I had to get going.




I am eager to share my experience at “Art on the Go” because the new activities are so much fun. The “Art on the Go” in the Circus Building goes from 11-11:30 a.m. If you miss it, don’t worry because the activity at the Round Barn doesn’t start until 2 p.m.! BUT if both those times don’t work, you can stop by the carts anytime and play with all the cool books, toys, and games that are on display. I am definitely going back. I hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment