Monday, June 25, 2012

Webby's in Webb Gallery!


It can be tricky finding costumes that fit ducks like me.  Luckily, I found some fun and funky fashions at Shelburne Museum’s newest exhibit, Time Machines: Robots, Rockets and Steampunk at Webb Gallery.   There are two rooms in the gallery made especially for dressing up in either sci-fi gear or the best of steampunk gadgets.  First, I took a dive right into the sci-fi room.

Here I am, prepared to venture into the unknown with my trusty light saber and some dramatic background music.


Next I stumbled into the exciting world of steampunk. I wanted to invent my very own duck costume. Since I love to explore the museum grounds, I decided to be an old- fashioned aviator. What do you think would be more fun to fly: a hot air balloon, antique plane, or a floating boat?

I am ready for take off! How about you?  Be sure to check out Time Machines: Robots, Rockets, and Steampunk at the Webb Gallery.  Don’t forget to send me a picture of your costume creation at educationinterns@shelburnemuseum.org for the chance to see it on my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment